Audiology is a branch of health care that studies, diagnoses, treats and prevents hearing disorders. Hearing loss affects nearly 36 million people in the United States. Impaired hearing may be caused by many things.
Older people are the largest group affected by hearing loss. The contributors range from excessive noise, drugs, viral or bacterial infections, head injury or head tumors, and heredity. One in three older adults over age 60 has hearing loss. Nearly half of people over age 75 have hearing loss.
Hearing loss can have a deep impact on your overall well-being. The audiologists at Methodist Physicians Clinic - Council Bluffs can help diagnose a hearing impairment and provide a solution to improve your quality of life.
Our services include:
- Fitting and management of hearing aids and other hearing assistive devices
- Variety of selection and pricing options on hearing aids available
- Comprehensive hearing testing/evaluation
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR) testing
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE) testing
- Tinnitus evaluation and management
- Balance evaluation and therapy
Custom hearing aid impressions:
- Hearing protection (workplace, hunting, military use)
- Listening molds (for listening devices)
- Custom earpiece molds for swimming and other recreational activities
All patients are first evaluated by an ear, nose and throat physician prior to meeting with an audiologist.